The Collection Cup nominated me for the Liebster Award! I am honored to be nominated – thank you so very much, L. Claus. This truly made my day!
Reprinted below is how the Liebster Award works. Plus, because I’m a word nerd, I looked up “Liebster.” It’s German, and a rough translation is “dearest.” Now my day is even more made!
“This is a fun award given to bloggers by bloggers to help build community and get to know each other. It is also a great way to help your readers learn more about you. Here are the rules…
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs with 200 or less followers who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.”
So, without further ado:
1. What is your favorite hobby?
That’s easy. Writing. I wrote as a child, and then stopped for no particular reason. I picked it back up again about ten years ago, and I don’t ever plan to stop.
2. Where would you like to live and why?
I’d love to live in the Smoky Mountains in a smallish house with a breathtaking view. And good schools. I’m a country girl.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I was about seven. In the middle of winter my big sister and I hiked about a mile to a place called “the big hill,” which was really a giant pile of dirt on a dormant construction site. The weather was warm enough that the mud beneath the snow hadn’t frozen. We failed to think this through, and I promptly sunk in and lost both boots. My sister put her own mittens on my bare and freezing feet, then carried me on her back all the way home. We were terrified of what our parents might say but, when we stumbled through the door, they both laughed (a little too hard, if you ask me) and gave us hot cocoa. That day taught me a lot about grace.
4. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Pay off my mortgage, set aside enough for my children to attend college, then buy a big piece of land and (don’t’ laugh) start an organic farm. Although my husband might have something to say about that.
5. How many siblings do you have?
6. What is your favorite food?
Either chicken and dumplings or bear-claw ice cream or pad thai chicken medium.
7. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Between the spiritual significance, the merriment, and the fact that one sip of egg nog whisks me right back to my childhood, it’s by far my favorite.
8. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Paris. I know, it’s cliché. I love clichés, too
10. What inspired you to start blogging?
Ann Voskamp. That woman can write. Our styles are dramatically different, but what struck me about her work is the honesty, the humility, the desire to affect change. For a long time I thought I had to have something Big and Important to say before I could blog. Reading Ann Voskamp’s work, the way she can take the everyday, find the beauty and make it poignant and lovely (both in writing and photo)…it’s both brilliant and inspiring.
11. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I’d say I hope my life will be largely the same, except with more wrinkles. I’ll be a wife, a mother, a homemaker and a writer. Dreadfully dull, I know, but these are my priorities. If I’m reaching for the stars, I’d love to have written and sold a novel by then.
11 Random facts about me
1. I’m a sixth grade spelling champion
2. My ankles pop when I walk (my father-in-law used to call me Rice Crispies)
3. I love to sing
4. I’m an INFJ
5. My son thinks he’s Mario
6. I’m a Christian
7. I watch LOST reruns rather obsessively
8. I managed an ice cream shop when I was 18
9. I can’t draw
10. I have two cats, Jake and Pete
11. We heat our house with a wood-burning stove
Questions for my nominees:
1. Who is your favorite author and why?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What’s the most challenging thing about blogging?
4. What’s your dream vacation (money’s no object)?
5. Favorite childhood memory
6. Who inspires you and why?
7. What’s your favorite dessert?
8. What’s your favorite music?
9. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
10. What’s your hobby?
11. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
My nominees are:
Faking Picture Perfect
Thoughts on a Page – hoping she’ll give her answers in iambic pentameter!
Thanks again to The Collection Cup – this was so fun and encouraging!